Friday, June 5, 2009

Well done, Conan

I love Conan O'Brien. Jay Leno has never made me laugh out loud. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that I was excited for the new incarnation of the Tonight Show. As far as late night tv goes, I wasn't a regular watcher of Leno or Letterman. I thought David Letterman had a much better show by miles, but for me I would generally tune in when a guest I enjoyed was on. Late Night With Conan O'Brien was the only late night talk show that I would generally watch all the way through.

I watched the first two episodes of Conan's Tonight Show this week and happy to see that what I love about Conan translated so well into the new time slot. First of all, that set is GORGEOUS. I love love love it. I love the way Conan relates to his guests, the way he makes you feel like you are watching as two old friends are catching up. There is so much I want to say about why I think Conan O'Brien is the perfect choice for the Tonight Show, and so many responses to the critics who think that Jay's shoes are too big to fill and that people don't "get" Conan's humor, but this post on the best week ever blog, written by Dan Hopper in response to a review printed in the New York Post, does it so much more brilliantly than I could ever attempt.

read on!

No comments: